Sunday, July 8, 2012

Edina Hockey Pages - commissioned work



A friend at work asked if I would help her out with a project.  Of course I could do something for her.
I had to create 3 pages, one for fans in the stands - pretty straight forward, pictures mounted on green paper and the words Fans in the Stands welded together.

Page 2 was all about Jake.  I thought of cutting a large silhouette of a hockey player, then collaged the photos of Jake that I had.  I used Sports Mania and my gypsy to cut the 10.5 inch hockey player as the base for the project.  I used Doodletype for the names and numbers welding them together on my gypsy.

Page 3 jerseys - I dreamed up these little babies because I just love labor intensive work! LOL
Actually I wanted something that would be different from any other pages that I had seen.  These were a bit more intensive than the previous pages but the reaction to the finished project was oh so worth it.

I used Sports Mania to cut the jersey
George and Basic Shapes for the hexagon
Doodletype for the numbers.

I had to print the names and general sports logo along the bottom.  I also used a white pen for the  stripes ( Signo Uniball is the only white pen I use!!)  I also outlined around the numbers with a black glaze pen and wrote the word STOP  on the little hexagon with a .005 zig black pen.





No comments:

Post a Comment